PROJECTS: Health Technology & AI
Case Example: Virtual Health Care
Problem: Company was seeking to enter the virtual care market and wanted to assess the market opportunity and landscape of virtual care/telemedicine in Canada.
• Conducted a complete market assessment of Canada’s health care market that included size, drivers and restraints, SWOT, and Canada’s readiness to adopt virtual care solutions as a pathway to access health care.
• We also performed an analysis of Canadian virtual care companies and primary market research interviews and recommended top companies to approach for potential partnership opportunities.
Results: The project was launched and completed within 2020, and the company used OIG’s recommendations to develop a firm partnering strategy for entering Canada’s virtual care market.
Case Example: Digital Health Technology
Problem: FDA approved technology had difficulty penetrating the Canadian public healthcare market, and was seeking pilot projects with provincial health authorities.
• Prepared RFP submission and pitch decks for pitching to Canadian territory health authority to pilot the health product kits.
• Sourced new partners in community nursing and indigenous social services to collaborate in the pilot.
• Developed a plan for training plan, deployment, and coordinating the remote patient care pilot trial.
Results: The company was successful in launching a first major pilot demonstration and sales channel in a Canadian territory health authority.
Case Example: Mobile Health Solution
Problem: Company was seeking pathways to market in the USA and Canada, from which their app product could be used in preventive healthcare as a screening tool and integrated into a widely used health platform.
• Delivered a comprehensive market research for USA and Canada outlining 5 possible pathways to market including virtual care, RPM, and Hospital-at-Home care programs.
•Positioned the technology solution for the Telehealth platform market; conducted analysis of business models, pricing, and consumer usage.
• Secured new business development leads with companies and research institutes for clinical validation projects.
Results: The company was successful in establishing a corporate partnership opportunity within Canada, and prospected two top Telehealth targets in the USA.